Stryker Corporation Medical Device Legal Woes

The massive medical device company Stryker has reportedly been sued by many people and companies. This huge conglomerate owns more than 100 companies around the world. Stryker’s main business is making and selling products that are used by doctors, surgeons and hospitals around the world. In the U.S. it has companies that design and create the devices called Stryker Biotech and Stryker Technologies, and a company that markets to doctors and hospitals called Howmedia Osteonics Corporation. If you or someone you know has experienced problems with products from Stryker’s companies, please contact us using the form on this page or call us at 817-455-6822. You may be part of a class action lawsuit.

Massachusetts Attorney General Lawsuit

Under the Massachusetts Consumer Protection Act, the Attorney General can investigate and take action against businesses that engage in unfair or deceptive conduct, and prosecute a consumer protection case in the public interest. Because Massachusetts’ Attorney General does not have the resources to prosecute every consumer protection violation, the law also provides for private lawsuits. Stryker Biotech was reportedly investigated for years by the Massachusetts Attorney General for violations of the Consumer Protection Act. After a lawsuit was reportedly filed by the Attorney General against Stryker Biotech, a settlement was announced in 2010. Stryker Biotech agreed to pay $1.35 million to the state because the company had marketed orthopedic products for uses that had not been reviewed and approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and misled health care providers about the appropriate uses of its products.

Potential Class Action Lawsuit

Medical device companies like Stryker are prohibited by consumer protection laws from misleading consumers about the approved uses and safety of their products. If you or someone you know has had this happen, you may need the solutions offered by our attorneys. Please contact us to find out if you have a claim. Use the form on this page or call us at 817-455-6822 for help with your claim.

Attorney Advertising